Friday, April 21, 2006

Greece #2



Hello

Mike described our night. We had very little sleep for the first time this trip. Consequently we were late getting organised this morning. Not a problem though because most things did not open 'til after 11am due to it being Easter Friday here. So we walked - just for a change!

We investigated the Temple of Zeus and Mike went into raptures over the original moderm Olympic site. It wasn't too bad - very good condition!

I spotted a very anatomically correct statue in a state of undress throwing a discus. That impressed me.

The shopping is not a happening thing really. We have come for adventure and to view the interesting, ancient monuments and such, so we haven't bothered much with the retail therapy aspect. Mike has that rather stylish leather jacket bought in Florence, and now has a couple of pairs of Greek underwear. I have finally managed today to spend a bit of money - but not on myself! I think I'll wait until Dubai on the home stretch. The Gold Souqs will be waiting there.

We are going to get onto a ferry soon. This should be an interesting experience. My well-known problem with motion sickness will be tested.

Cheers
Kerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home