Sunday, January 13, 2013

Paradise in Costa Rica!

First let me say Costa Rica is beautiful over tones of the King Country with Jungles and wierd driving habits.

I have learnt a few things! Firstly my Spanish is a bit poor to non existance, I have in total 12 words includinging beer and tequila. Not enough really. I blame there being to few Spanish speaking people in my comics. Zorro and the Cisco kid were amazimg heros but did little to further my liguistic skills.

Secondly there is a pervacive distrust of the
paying passengers by Airlines; this goes so far as giving them inedable food. Not all airlines are created equal neither are Aiports. Air New Zealand has spoilt me really, as have our Airports. I will still get grizelly over flying in New Zealand but after having my dignity shredded in LAX I will keep it in perspective.

I believe the dehumanisation process that checking in has become has changed the relationship the Airline representatives have with their customers. No longer are customers seen as those that buy the tickets and there by provide the jobs but rather as nuisences that get in the way and deserved to be punished see Airline food (not Air New Zealand).

San Jose airport was another matter in spite of the fact that there are major renovations going on they were superb! So efficiant and nice and the duty free liquor was excellent.

Rental cars are annoying but necessary I'm not sure if I was ripped off but it was a bt more expensive than I thought. The short trip from the Airport to the Rental Car company depot convinced us that a GPS was mandatory, all the street signs were in Spanish and it was not going to be easy with my language skills!

Later arriving than envisaged but what a great Hotel; the Feur de Lys a beautifully restored old house (I think). Time to get the body clock changed to local time and also the inner clock as well. Did that checked the shopping again my Spanish and their English not a good mix so little purchased but Costa Rican phone sim cards. We then picked Julia and Simon up I drove to the Airport and with my ace navigator and GPS there were only 2 domestics!

Now I sit in a leather rocking chair over looking the jungle, a drink in one hand after a strenuous bout of aquatic sports, yes the Baines body was seen in the pool frolicing like an overweight porpoise. Hummingbirds are feeding on the flowers 6 feet away. Damn this is hard!

More to come in this gripping saga!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home